Thursday, February 26, 2009

Classy!

This blog post is all about class--in its many forms. And possibly even a bit about the lack thereof!

I spent the evening tonight in quilt class--remember the Kaye England Progressive Patchwork class with the really cute suitcase full of fat quarters? Yep, that one! Tonight we made this block:


I still have to make the smaller version, but at least I managed to get this one done despite various distractions and breaks for some quality girl chit chat.

Aren't these classy? I found these bunnies at Bearpaws & Hollyhocks tonight. (If you click on the link, you can see Lindy kissing a llama at Kaye England's Quilt College! Classy behavior at college, yes?!)


I also found a sheep pulling an apple cart. (No llamas though.)


I took the Hats quilt to show Lindy and ended up on the shop roster to teach a class in May based on the quilt. I have ideas for making smaller versions (fewer blocks, not smaller blocks) and using a slightly different technique. I know I was a little daunted by the size of the finished quilt, but the hats are SOOOO much fun I'd like to be able to show other quilters how to make them too, without feeling like they're committed to a HUGE bed quilt--unless they want one, of course!

And, as it turns out, I'm also on the Bearpaws & Hollyhocks class schedule to teach in June--I just haven't figured out what that will be yet, although I know I want it to be red, white, and blue with a 4th of July flavor.

And speaking of quilt classes, for those of you in the Sacramento area, if you planned to sign up for the Spring! class and haven't gotten around to it yet, sign up soon. It's only a week and a half away and there aren't many spaces left--but I'd love to see you there!

Finally, I'll leave you with this bit of class--'cause you know I'm all about being classy, right?! When I got home tonight, I found a wad of toilet paper sticking out of my pant leg. Classy, yes?! What I'd like to know is how did it get there and how long was it there? I simply can't imagine! It's not like you can accidentally mistake your pant leg for the toilet bowl or anything. Dryer sheets--I've had those stuck in my pants before and that's quite understandable, but toilet paper? ARGH!

10 comments:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

OMG - honest I never saw a wade of TP.

Your quilt classes sound GREAT! Congratulations!

Yvonne said...

LOLOL....so glad the coffee isn't ready yet. :)

Unknown said...

Such and ending to a neat blog. You have gremlins like we have squirrels.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOL! Classy for sure!

Wow. Lots of teaching time going to happen for you. Awesome!

MichelleB said...

Congrats on teaching more classes!

Greenmare said...

yup you are totally classy.
if you ever want to enjoy some fine Wisconsin weather (don't look at the radar this second though) please come here and teach!!! or at least let me take you out for coffee? I'll check to see if you have anything hanging out of your pantlegs for you.

Penni Domikis said...

I love how you always manage to end the story somehow with me crying tears of laughter. I once was at my brother-in-laws wedding rehearsal dinner and felt something strange between my legs and realize my control top pantyhose were out of control and has slid down to my knees and were hanging out of the bottom of my skirt. I had to do the connected leg two step past all the guests to the bathroom to rectify the situation. Of course we were the out-of-towners at this event and I tried to figure out if I could hide in the bathroom for the rest of the evening but sadly I had to come out. At least you were home before you realized it.

Kim said...

Kim.. you are totally classy! I would love to meet you and learn your little tips.. I agree the hat quilt is large and most would like to make it .. but in a smaller version... I need to finish up my shamrocks and will post them hopefully this weekend!
Thanks for sharing......

quiltmom anna said...

I loved your bunnies and your story -
you do have your adventures :O)
Regards,
Anna

Busy Little Quilter said...

I've had toilet paper stuck to my shoe before when I walked out of a restroom at a restaurtant. Someone told me, which was sweet. I think the funniest, but awful, thing I'v ever seen was at church. During the middle of the service this lady had to go to the restroom. When she came back, the bottom of her dress was stuck in the top of her pantyhose. I guess she had accidently caught the hem of her dress in her hose as she was pulling them up. I, of course, told her and she was so embarrassed!

Enjoy your vacation. We'll miss you!