Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Introduction and an Idea

I'm up waaaaay too late again tonight. Tomorrow night is my Thimbleberries Club meeting and I always just about kill myself trying to finish things up for show and tell. And each month I tell myself to knock it off--but I never listen! So here it is, 2 a.m., and I still need to take a bath and brush my teeth before I go to bed. Still, I wanted to share a couple things with you real quick.




Meet Archie! When I asked you all what to name him, I had an email from an internet friend, Synthia, suggesting "Archie." After that, two of you suggested the same name, so Archie it is. Personally I thought "Eileen" might be appropriate. (Get it? "I lean"?! ROFLOL! Okay, I DID say it was late, right?! I can't be held accountable for lame attempts at humor after 1 a.m.!)

And here's an idea you're welcome to use. Last year, I bought a Thimbleberries Cover Story panel and--story of my life--I haven't made up the quilt yet. Since wall space in my home is at a premium anyway, I thought for the time being I'd just frame the panel--I'll prop the whole thing up on the mantle in the livingroom.


I picked up the picture frame fairly cheaply at JoAnn's with a 40% off coupon. I didn't cut into the panel--I just pulled the excess fabric around and taped it to the back. It's a fast project that will give the mantle a lot of visual punch!

I have a couple other things to show you but we'll wait until the next post or two. I've been holding out on you because I wanted to show the gals at my club meeting first. It seems several of them read my blog, and so when I get my show and tell out--after killing myself getting it done in time--it's kind of like, "Oh yeah, I saw that on your blog already." Anti-climactic, you know?! So stop back by because I'll have more to show you--and, of course, I enjoy our visits!

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Yes, you really NEED to get to bed earlier. Your humor isn't that good late at night.

I got that "I lean" when I was in high school so don't need reminded. You know I'm not a black cat.

Quilt Hollow said...

I'm not sure how you can blog, sew and work....I want what your having! The frame idea....love that for the panels and especially just seasonal ones! I like to frame quilt blocks.

Chris in Sacramento said...

Framing the panel is a great idea. I have several seasonal panels that are packed away and at least I'd get to see them if I frame them.

See you tonight at Thimbleberries. Can't wait to see what you're doing now.

Quilt Nut said...

that is a fantastic idea!

Quilt Hollow said...

2nd comment....I updated my blog with a photo of a quilt framed I did in August....I also noted your blog because of the awesome idea to frame the panel

MARCIE said...

I-lean! Yuk-yuk! She's gotta love that!