I don't have a whole lot to chat about tonight. I spent a pretty lazy day today, sleeping in until 9 a.m. and then just doing this and that. I sewed the bindings on the three minis I'm working on and got about half stitched down. I also stitched a sleeve onto the back of the Prairie Paisley quilt so I can hang it in place of the 4th of July quilt.
When I was organizing all my table linens last week, I came across an embroidered apron. I don't know where it came from and I didn't even know I had it, so it's a mystery to me. The neck ties were missing and a few embroidery stitches were also missing. Today I added a couple lengths of ribbon so it can be tied around the neck, and dug out some old embroidery thread to match the original embroidery colors and filled in the missing parts.
Finally, I decided to make this year's Thimbleberries Lakeside Block of the Month Quilt, using leftover pieces from kits and charm packs and half-sizing all the measurements. Today I finished the first month's blocks--some little trees.
These blocks measure 6-1/2" unfinished as compared to the 12-1/2" unfinished blocks in the original. I enjoyed doing something similar to last year's block of the month, so I thought I'd do the same thing again. Here's what the finished quilt is supposed to look like:
Tomorrow I'll probably make the next month's blocks--the stars up in the left hand corner. I haven't decided yet if I'll set everything the same way or do something different, so I'll probably just make all the component blocks and decide that later on.
I hope your weekend is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping in!