Sunday, June 22, 2008

Productive Sunday!

I finished the Hat Trick quilt top this afternoon--yippee! Now I just need to get it quilted--along with about 20 other quilt tops! Leave a comment on the post below this one if you'd like to be entered into the raffle to win the Schnibbles pattern--I'll draw a winner on Wednesday night. The only real change I made to this pattern was to separate the sections into four squares with sashing in between. I've had the border fabric in my stash for years and was happy to be able to use it in a project finally.


My friend Patty megged me into ordering a HUGE roll of batting, which should motivate me to get some of my quilt tops quilted. I have no idea where I'm going to store a roll of batting but I'm thinking I may need to gently nudge the Boy Child into finding his own place so I have room for batting. A quilter DOES need to set priorities, after all!

And speaking of my offspring, the other one, the Wild Child and her boyfriend, made a brief appearance here today on her way westward to the ocean for a few days of camping and surfing. We had no idea she was coming through, so it was a complete surprise! You know the kind--where you're still in your nightgown sewing and your spouse is sitting in the recliner in his underwear, reading the Sunday paper?! Luckily the Boy Child was able to alert us to her arrival in time for us to scurry off to get dressed, so no one was embarrassed.

Once I finished the Hat Trick top today, I pulled out the first block of the Christmas List BOM ("Find the Perfect Tree") and finished that one up too. I'm really going to like this quilt when it's done! I have a substantial stash of Thimbleberries fabrics, and that's what I'm using in this quilt--quite a few of them will be my "vintage" ones.


Then, while watching PBS Masterpiece Theater tonight, I got started on Block Two ("Take it Home"). I'll be able to take this to work on during my lunch hours this week--if I can manage to stay out of the thrift stores!


Did you watch Inspector Lewis on Masterpiece Theater tonight? I miss Inspector Morse but I'm glad to see the characters continuing on--particularly since there's not much else to watch during the summer.

Besides playing in the Sweat Shop today, I managed to cook up a bunch of food for the week which will, in theory anyway, help keep me out of the kitchen and in the Sweat Shop. I cooked a rack of pork ribs that can be put on the BBQ tomorrow night, a big bowl of pasta salad, hamburgers for tonight's dinner, and--YUM!--mocha cupcakes!


Nothing too fancy, but they sure taste good!

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend too! Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

May Kristin said...

I love the way you changed the pattern. Your Hat Trick quilt is gorgeous! The border you chose is perfect for the quilt!
May I have one of those cupcakes, please?

Unknown said...

Perfect. the navy cornerstones really set it off. Good job on the corners. Those are my colors.

Teresa said...

Great job on the hat trick and the border fabric is perfect. Please enter me in the pattern give-a-way.

I can't wait to see how your Christmas project progresses. That first block is so cute.

Nancy said...

Oh, put me in the draw for that quilt pattern? After I am done, I will have a draw on my blog and pass it on.....

Is it wise to cook that much food and just leave it in the house with wildboy unattended during the day? Aren't you afraid it will "come up missing?". Maybe a lock on the fridge door???

Anonymous said...

Very nice Miss Kim. You are sure a whiz at these little guys and I would be honored to have this little pattern.

Yummy cupcakes. I think Boychild is mking you do more cooking. Bet DH appreciates this.

Linda Z

Anonymous said...

I would love to win that pattern and love your little quilt! Cupcakes sound good too! Nancy in WI

MichelleB said...

Those cupcakes look great! Are you going to post a recipe?

Robin said...

Turned out great, Kim! That little ultra-skinny blue border is just the ticket to define the center, IMO. I like the Hat Trick pattern, but I LOVE the Butterscotch Pie pattern! Can you do that one next and then give me that pattern, can you, huh, pleeeze??

Anonymous said...

Your quilt turned out so nice! Great colors and love what you did with it :o)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Kim, you've been a busy girl and now I'm hungry just seeing those cupcakes! Your quilt top is really cute -- I love the blues and that ribbon border!

SuBee said...

Whew - I hope Wild Child doesn't have asthma - it's smokey as all get out here! I can hardly see across the street! I might need a cupcake in order to pull through........

Lorraine said...

Hyper woman......wow...I am tired just reading what you have been doing...I love having energy to do stuff....that quilt looks fantastic...love the four squares with sashing - can i enter the draw again...LOL.....the fabrics you chose work really well...and the border fabric is perfect....well done....and you gotta love surprise visits....LOL

Carol said...

Kim, Your quilt is so nice, good idea about the sashing.

Anonymous said...

Again, your quilt turned out great so please include me in your drawing. Nancy E

Vicky said...

That's a great quilt! And those cupcakes sure do look good! If you were giving those away, I'd sign up in a flash!! LOL

Unknown said...

I'm back and I see you have been very busy! I do love the 4th of July quilt. The center panel looks like an enlarged antique tobacco silk print. Very pretty. The hat trick quilt is awesome also.
I do have to agree with everyone else, those cupcakes are makin' me drool.

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Kim,
What a lot you got accomplished this weekend - It must feel great- Those cupcakes look yummy- your boy child will be so happy with all of your scrumptious cooking, that you will have to build a new room on your house for that batting-LOL
Happy cooking and quilting!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the "sale" at the Goodwill stores. I think I will explore the one by my house. I have only been in there once. I wanted tea cups for a project for administrative professionals day one year and couldn't find what I had in mind. We have another thrift shop that had a full set of 12 tea cups for the bargain price of $10.00 and fit my plan perfectly!

loulee said...

Lovely, I adore blue and white.

Nan said...

Another beautiful "Kreation ala Kim"! Love it! The cupcakes look oh so yummy, and you HAVE to share! Pretty please??

Nan said...

I forgot - I think the Christmas List BOM blocks are adorable, too!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG those cupcakes look yummy. I could go for one right now. Can you bring me one??
Your hat trick is so pretty and I love your Christmas blocks.

Karen said...

I like your quilt. The blue, white & yellow is very fresh looking.