Friday, June 20, 2008

Horoscope Round-Up and Friday Night Fun

Many of you said your horoscope was chillingly accurate or at least pretty darn close. Most of you who thought your horoscope didn't quite fit, thought so because no, you don't actually finish every project you start. But then who does? I think the horoscope writer was a little too optimistic with that one! Sure, there are rare saints quilters who actually DO finish what they start but I don't think there are many. Then there were a few horoscopes that talked about being meticulous in quilting and/or conservative in purchasing, and a few of you didn't see yourselves in those descriptions. Sure can't blame you there! I think it was fun to read though!

If you were wondering about my progress on the Hat Trick quilt, I've done nothing. Well, I did tweek the fabric selections last night--here they are now with more lighter blue fabrics added to the mix (the blue/white/yellow plaid you see on the far right are napkins--I thought I'd get them out to see how the other fabrics would look if I made a tabletopper):


And that pile has not been touched since. I came home from work tonight, checked my emails and took a big fat NAP! From around 7 p.m. to around 9 p.m. Hubby then spent the next hour driving around town, looking for an open fast food restaurant so we could have semi-warm burgers and fries at 10 p.m. The only productive thing I've done tonight is clean out the refrigerator.

The boy child left for Los Angeles this afternoon--he has an indoor soccer game tomorrow morning, so he'll be gone until tomorrow night. Hubby and I have the house to ourselves for a change. You can tell we're getting old: Friday night, hours of uninterrupted privacy, and he spends it napping in his recliner while I spend it napping on the bed. Then we treat ourselves to fast food. Will the romance never die?!

11 comments:

Mama Spark said...

Wow, really that's how you spent your Friday night? Mine is similar! I spent it chillin with my new phone, then walking the dog (then chasing the escaped dog) then paying bills and going to bed while he played WOW on the computer. Romance is alive and well in this house, I tell ya!

Julia said...

Let's see, he mowed the lawn, while I watered the garden. Came inside, he went downstairs to watch t.v. and I went to bed and read a book. Romance is alive here too! ROFLOL

MichelleB said...

Sounds like a fabulous evening!

Hannies Annies said...

wow he watched the game, I watched a different program, he played Nintendo games, I went to bed...yup romance is here too!!

Hannies Annies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicky said...

Romance? What's that? LOL

Unknown said...

WOW what a bunch of romatic people here. What happened to doing some sewing or quilting?

After almost 60 years, whats romance?

Sharon said...

He watched TV in the bedroom, I took a shower, papmered Looty after his dy surgery then fell asleep on the sofa. When I woke up I took the dag and went to bed in the other bedroom. Romance is alive here ..

Lorraine said...

My Friday night was spent on my own stitching in front of the telly watching the football....the prince had a work function to attend...normally I would have gone as well, but have become a bit selfish with my time lately! Last night was pretty normal for us....I did some stitching and pottering in my sewing room...aka the sweat shop..LOL and the prince and the dog fell asleep on the lounge....but he did make me a cup of tea when he woke up..! I think we are all pretty normal really...home is where I like to be most of all.....nothing wrong with that I don't think....

quiltmom anna said...

Kim,
I loved your Friday night adventure- sounds fairly similar to ours- Our son cooked on the barbecue for his girlfriend, friend and his parents( an unusual gift from our boy child).. then we sat in front of the TV and laptops and recuperated from another busy week... Every now and then the dog and the cat would make their presence known and liven the place up by doing laps or needing to go outside... We have been married since 1980 and are happy enough to share the little things like going for a walk or getting ice cream cones- Not very exciting by some standards but I wouldn't have it any other way...Home is a great place to be and its nice to know that others enjoy life in the same way ... :0)
Regards,
Anna

Nan said...

Romance is alive and well in my house, too. We spend the evening watching TV and then toddle off to bed.....to sleep! LOL!
Love the fabrics!