Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Do You Want the Bad News First?

Remember how, oh, about a month or two ago, I fixed up my daughter's former bedroom? Here's a photographic reminder:


And here's the same view, more or less, now:


And again--before:



After:


And the good news? I think the Boy Child has found a new place to live. It sounds like he'll be moving out again around July 1st. I just hope his new roommate doesn't read my blog because I'm not so sure he'd be impressed with my photographic "reference"!

Actually, it hasn't been bad having him around, just as long as I keep the bedroom door shut and don't expect to find leftovers in the fridge or anything other than crumbs left from snack food. Still, I anticipate I'll have my work cut out for me the first week or so after he leaves, getting that room back in shape. There's no telling what it looks like under all those clothes!

Oh! And another "good news" item? The Wild Child stopped in on her way back from her mini-surfing vacation and took two boxes of her things that were stored in her former bedroom. I asked if she had any trouble getting to the boxes, and she said no, she just walked over all the Boy Child's "stuff"--just like old times!

11 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Ah, yes.*S* When my sons still lived at home I never ventured into their rooms unless we ran out of bowls, spoons, glasses or towels. Then I'd make an excursion into their domains to gather up the missing items from under the beds or piled on desktops. Thanks for the memories!

Lorraine said...

Ha....you have been over here and takena photo of my son's room....but I really can relate to Julie's comment....Mark's room is a haven for glasses, plates and especially towels......I don't go in there unless i have to .... nice to have him around tho...you will miss the boy child....hope he finishes the sewing caddy for you tho!!

loulee said...

*Smiles*

Siblings!

Unknown said...

I have to admire you for taking those pics Kim! Been there lots! My 22 year old son is home again. Love him dearly but besides his bedroom and the eating thing....my laundry room has turned into Supermans telephone booth.
Its so handy, in the garage door he comes, straight to the laundry room, changes and out he comes in different clothes! This happens several times a day. I have threatened to blog pictures of this (mountains of clothes) not the changing part LOL, and he just laughs. Sigh.

Julia said...

Ah, the house keeping skills of a young man! LOL
My oldest son has been married for 4 years and he still keeps house the same way. I think that his wife has given up! lol
I am not holding breath that Ethan will be any different. lol

Anonymous said...

No different overseas...My kids are just the same. I think it's something in their brain that's undeveloped untill they're in their late twenties or so. No kidding, it must be..

Chocolate Cat said...

You mean to tell me my teenage boy is not going to all of a sudden become tidy when he 'grows' up!!!!

Teresa said...

Looks just like my son's room decor....sloppy chic. The room sure did look pretty though before.

Lorraine said...

love the before photos!

Anne-Maree said...

Have you been in my house? That untidy room resembles my daughters room. Hey, how about a competion in blogland..Who has the untidiest childs room. My daughter would kill me if I took photo's of her room but I will give her the threat tonight.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OH LORDY those before and after shots give me nightmares!!!! Just the thought of that scares the hell out of me. ROFLOL!!!! Looks just like Boo's room when he lived here. We had to practically gut the place.