Friday, May 16, 2008

It's ALIVE!

Yep, me! I'm ALIVE, I'm happy to report. I've finally started to feel a little better and actually dragged my germy old body out of bed and to work today. I didn't make it the whole day--I had to come home mid-afternoon and take a nap--but I was feeling pretty triumphant, nevertheless. And--AND--I actually cooked dinner tonight! Nothing fancy--just some Trader Joe's chicken fajitas--but at least I did more than lie on my dying rear end and sneeze and cough and drip. At this point, I find I have an hour or two here and there where I feel pretty darn good and another hour or two here and there where I feel icky again, but mostly I'm doing okay.

This past Monday night I had my Christmas List class. You know I gotta be sick when Friday rolls around and my quilt shop purchases lie untouched on the kitchen table.


Yes, obviously my cold tablets are much more vital than a bag from the quilt shop! But what did I buy? Do you want to see? Okay!


I've been feeling the need to jump on that Prairie Paisley bandwagon and saw the quilt shop had charm packs, so I picked up a couple and this Schnibbles pattern--it makes a 30" quilt. Maybe I'll play with these a little bit this weekend.


And here's the pattern for block number 5 of the Christmas List BOM (along with another pattern I won). Did I hear someone ask what the other 4 blocks I made look like? Well, that's the problem--I haven't made any yet. It took me the first two months to decide what fabrics I wanted to use, and since then, I've been busy with other projects. I sure hope I can start the Christmas List blocks soon! (And don't even ASK about the Thimbleberries Hometown Christmas BOM--that's another one I need to get back to!)

But I have finished the patriotic quilt top. I worked on it in short bursts this week when I felt up to it, getting that final outer border put together. I'd like to get this one pinned over the weekend and start quilting it.


Stop back by tomorrow. I think I'll have something you'll enjoy! As for me, it's time for my Nyquil and my pillow!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Kim Glad to hear that you are felling better. Again I must say The 4th of July quilt is awesome. When you are felling better send some of that energy to the East coast. I need it right now LOL Sharon Mac

DPUTiger said...

Heh ... I picked up that exact Schnibbles pattern the on my last LQS trip! Now I just need to find time to make that ... and the fiftybazillion other kits and projects I have waiting for me. ::sigh::

Pat said...

Glad to hear that you are finally feeling better.

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Kim,
I am glad to see that you are beginning to feel better- there is not much worse than a spring cold/ flu.
Nice purchases at the quilt store- I will look forward to seeing your new creations when you are feeling better.
Regards,
Anna

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Kim, that patriotic quilt is adorable and you know my birthday is coming soon!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Great job on that.

MARCIE said...

I love the patriotic quilts you are making! This one with the stars tipping is great. Are those the Moda flags? Good job!

QuiltNut Creations said...

oh I love the Praire Paisley line! glad you are feeling better!