Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Questions, Questions

The massage today was lovely! I wish I had my own personal massage therapist. Well, I wish I had a lot of things and some of them I'd like more than a massage therapist, but still . . . . If anyone out there in Blogland wants to give me my own personal massage therapist, it would make me very happy and I'd be your best friend forever!

Several of you had questions today and I've had a few more questions from "no reply" bloggers lately, so I thought I'd answer some of them. First of all, yes, I have posted a second self-portrait. This is what happens when you forget to use moisturizer. Ladies, moisturize, moisturize, mosturize!

The Orphan Train book went into the mail today on its way to Caryn along with a list of blog sites of those of you who said you were interested in having the book travel your way eventually. Michelle asked if I had or was going to post a photo of the pieced bag the book travels in. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo, but you can see it--and read about it--on Finn's blog HERE.

A couple of you mentioned friends and relatives in wheelchairs and someone asked about a pattern or tutorial for the bag I made for my hubby's wheelchair. I really didn't keep notes or take photos when I made mine, but I'm thinking about making one for a friend of my husband whose wife is in a wheelchair. If I do that, I'll remember to get the measurements and take a few photos along the way. It really was pretty easy to make. Before I make another and post directions, though, I'd like to try this bag out and see if there's anything I'd change from a practical standpoint.

Someone awhile back asked how Spike got her name. Spike is a "she" by the way, which makes it even more ludicrous; but that's part of the story. Spike is now about three years old, and she started off being the Wild Child's cat--my daughter got her from a friend's sister whose cat had a kittens. Spike was a tiny little thing and my daughter has a kind of offbeat sense of humor--no idea where she gets it. Everyone--friends and family--closely examined Spike and determined Spike was a boy. So, being a tiny little boy cat, my daughter thought she'd give "him" the name Spike; he could then grow into his ferocious self. She even bought "him" a spiked punk-type collar. A couple weeks later, she took Spike to the vet for a check up and shots, only to learn Spike was--and is--actually a GIRL cat. By then, we didn't want to change her name, so Spike she stayed. She's since been called many other names on occasion, some of which I won't print here, but two I CAN tell you are "Trouble" and "Mischief." When the Wild Child moved to Tahoe, Spike stayed with us and we're happy she did. Although she can be trying at times, she's certainly amusing as well.

Now I have a question for you--and maybe someone has an answer. A friend of mine is looking for a fat quarter bundle of Moda's Prairie Paisley wovens--wovens, not the printed bundles. I checked online and didn't find one. I was thinking this might be something I'd be interested in too. Have any of you seen one?

It's time for me to take a nice, hot bath and go to bed with a good book--it's a rainy spring night and there's really nothing that interests me on TV, so bed and a book sound very attractive. I will, of course, make sure I moisturize after my bath so my skin looks nicer when I get around to my third nude self portrait.

11 comments:

Mar said...

I haven't seen a bundle, but this shop has 28 different Prairie Paisley wovens you can purchase yardage. I'm waiting for mine :-)

http://www.itsastitchonline.com/index.htm

Chocolate Cat said...

My daughters cat was originally named Sally Rose but surprise surprise she turned out to be a he and became 'Martin'. That is his photo - the 'Chocolate Cat'.

The Southern Mom said...

Hi Kim...love the Spike story!

There are several Prairie Paisley bundles, charms, and jelly rolls on ebay...just search Prairie Paisley and you come up with a 'bunch'! I buy quite a bit of fabric from there and have always had good luck.

The Southern Mom said...

Whoopsie...sorry I just re-read and saw you were looking for wovens...typed in Prairie Paisley wovens and didn't come up with any bundles, just 1/2 yd cuts. But keep trying, it's bound to be on there soon!

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- I love your nude portraits! Sorry I can't help you on the moda!

Julie in the Barn said...

You need to buy a big bottle of cheap local olive oil and take a bath in it! It's so au courant to be "green" & use natural things for your Saturday Beauty Regimen.

Don't you love this nice little rain we are getting? Of course that lawn of yours is going to get nice & green and need mowing if this keeps up!

Cowguy said...

Dear Kim,

Regarding your second pic in the series....

Rarrrr! That's hot!


Waiting with bated breath for the 3rd.

J.

MichelleB said...

Thanks for the pic of the bag! An orphan bag - I love it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your massage - they are always nice.

G'G'ma said...

We inherited a cat when our daughter left home...Marvin. Marvin was a she cat also. Like the name Spike better!

Kairle Oaks said...

Spike rocks my world! Mia sends best wishes to her double.

Ooohhh...a massage is just what I need right now!

Nan said...

Your second nude self portrait looks rather elephantine to me, Ms. Kim! I KNOW you can't be THAT wrinkly, and if you are, I need to know the name of the moisterizer you use to soften those wrinkles! LOL Of course, the massage oil must have helped immensely....
I looked for Prairie Paisley fat quarter wovens and couldn't find them either!