Saturday, April 26, 2008

Can She Bake a Cherry Pie, Billy Boy, Billy Boy?

Do you remember that old song? Probably not, but it's been playing in my head for the last few hours. (Drowns out "the Voices" anyway!)


Well, she CAN bake a cherry cobbler! She's pretty good at EATING it too, unfortunately.


And she CAN sew a cherry quilt top too--darn talented woman, isn't she? LOL! Hey, I finally used that crazy Blackbird Jubilee fabric in something that doesn't look like a Mexican fiesta! Woo-hoo! I wasn't too sure about this one either until I got the borders on and decided I like it after all. Now I'll "just" need to get it quilted sometime in the foreseeable future.

Hubby just wandered into the bedroom muttering, "That was great cobbler." Success is sweet, eh?!

8 comments:

Vicky said...

The pie looks wonderful, and the quilt turned out great. The first thing I thought when I saw it was "Sing a song of sixpence..." Remember that? Recipe for that pie, please!

Unknown said...

Looks DELciOUs guess it's all gone now. Will have to bake another when you get that quilt finished and on the table

Nan said...

Ole Senora!! Everything is cherry-licious at your house! Love the looks of that cobbler, and the quilt is lovely. Thanks for the song - it started running though my head from the moment I read it! LOL
What did you do to injure yourself? I guess I don't Xtreme quilt, because usually what I do is stab myself (a lot some days) with pins! I must be a wimpy quilter......I'm now hanging my head in shame!

Carol E. said...

She can bake a cherry pie,
there's a twinkle in her eye
She's a young thing
and cannot leave her mother!

Chocolate Cat said...

Cherry cobbler !! Yum Yum !!

Karen said...

Yum - and the quilt is cute to :)

Hugs - Karen

Katie said...

I remember that song! Darn...now I have to bake something with cherries. :-)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hope he left m piece in the fridge! be over in the morning!!
...Pleased you had such a nice week, all things cherry looking great...and yummy! Tracey