Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Think My Biorhythms Are Peaking

I'm not sure what's going on, but it's kind of scary! I think most of us are used to experiencing set backs and short periods of bad luck. Generally we just shrug it off and go on with life, knowing that things will turn around eventually. I think it's less often that we experience periods of GOOD luck, and it feels a little odd. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Yesterday, I had some errands to run--post office, quilt shop, and grocery store. The post office was fast--just in and out again, carrying a nice tube containing a quilty purchase. The post office is always fast though because package pick-up is done at an annex and there's no other post office business conducted there.

Then on to Bearpaws & Hollyhocks, where I was looking for some border fabric to coordinate with my Valentine charms. Lindy, the shop owner, was meeting with a fabric rep but took a moment to greet me when I came in. When I was ready to be cut, she interrupted her meeting to take care of me right away. Gee, didn't I feel special?!

At the grocery store, I filled my basket with necessities and headed toward the checkout lines where I was greeted by a manager who surveyed the lines and decided to open another register to get me checked out. Woo-hoo! Home again and ready to get busy playing with fabric in only about two hours!

And if that kind of good fortune isn't enough, I'm tremendously pleased that many of you have taken the time to visit my blog lately and leave kind comments in response to what I have to chat about or show you, and I really love hearing from you. Sadly, some of you are "no-reply," which means I can't write back, but I want you all to know that I appreciate the time you take to let me know you like something I've posted or to tell me what you're doing.


I was also given a "You Make My Day Most Excellent" award by DPUTiger, which is pretty darn cool! It's a great feeling to know that what I write and what I share means something to someone out there in Blogland.

So, thank you for visiting my blog! And while the good luck lasts, I think I'll head back into the Sweat Shop and work on my Valentine hearts--I think I should have something to show you by tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. Oh, and I told Sharon you told me I was supposed to school her on what fuschia is, she's schooled. LOL

DPUTiger said...

We're Not Worthy!!! :) Thanks for always reminding me how much I love quilting. Love your sense of humor too! :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Well good old Beth showed me what fuschia looked like today. I feel so happy to now know that color and add it to my already full brain. LOL!!!!!!!!
Way to go with the good luck following you around today. Here's hoping it continues.

Nan said...

Whenever I visit, you always make my day MOST Excellent too, Ms. Kim!! Congrats on the award! What a great day you had! I hope that great luck holds for a very long time, don't you?