Monday, November 19, 2007

Searching for Green!



I need--NEED--green glass Christmas ornaments. Kind of that lime green color that we see popping up all over the place these days. All over the place, that is, except on the shelves where all the Christmas ornaments are. So far, I only found this assortment of small ornaments online but I need some larger ones--and possibly this size too. I'm not looking for any fancy heirloom ornaments--just something simple to add that particular color to the tree(s) that hopefully won't cost a bunch of money.

I did find a couple "sets" of ornaments at Target and at a craft store, but they were mixed in with a bunch of other ornament colors that I either just don't need or that make me gag a little.

Have you seen any around at any chain stores or online? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

9 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love this store, it's HUGE! Most of these are emerald green (I just put "green glass ornaments" in the search, but I'd give them a call or search their website more, I'm sure you'll find something. Frankenmuth, MI is a wonderful shopping "experience"!

http://bronners.ecommerce-site-search.com/?catalog=bronners&query=green+glass+ornaments

Unknown said...

Don't you know that lime green is NOT a Christmas color? DAH

Pat said...

My first guess would be Pier 1 so I looked and could only find these.

http://www.pier1.com/TopMenu/ExploreMerch/FeaturedProducts/HolidayDécor/tabid/227/Default.aspx

Do you have one in Sac?

Darlene said...

Try your local Wal-greens - they have a great assortment of ornaments. :-)

atet said...

No suggestions here -- though you might try looking at WalMart. If you find a source, let me know -- I LOVE lime green!

Kairle Oaks said...

Don't hate me when I tell you that they had every shape, style and size of that color ornament when I went to Tai Pan Trading today. I'm telling ya...get your fanny on a plane and get out here!!!

merrily row said...

Kim, go to this site and type in kiwi or lime or any other shade of green: http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/

Good luck, love the idea, Mary

Anonymous said...

Ok, when my friend is in need I will come to her rescue and SHOP!!! If I must!! I'll be on the look out for green ornaments. I wouldn't do it for just anyone I'll have you know but for you.......I'm all over this one!! LOL!!!

Kari V. said...

Amazon.com has ornaments, too. Now you will have to post a pic of your tree decorated! :)

http://tinyurl.com/2rt9zg