Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sometimes Rejection is GOOD!



When is rejection a good thing? When you check your local court's website and read: "Your group is not needed. Your service is complete. You do not have to check back." Yippeeee!

As you may guess, I was on call for jury duty this week. I work as a legal secretary and would LOVE to serve on a jury, but my involvement with the system thus far has been the mind numbing experience of sitting all day long in the jury lounge. I think I've had jury duty about five times before; once in the federal court and the other times at the state court level. In each instance, I wasn't even sent to a courtroom as a potential juror. I left home today prepared with a little hand applique project, quilting magazines, and a book, but they'll stay in my car until I go home tonight. I think maybe I'll need to buy a lottery ticket on the way home--obviously luck is with me today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess the waiting around is the part they don't tell you about and the most boring bit - I've never been called here in the UK or any of my family or close friends for that matter - what does that say about the circles I move in - no only kidding it is just luck of the draw - get that lottery ticket bought girl!

atet said...

Congrats! No having to sit through the jury selection process!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi,checking in and catching up-life is MENTAL! Love the wild child, can't stand BFH! Pleased Mother's day was good, from an inauspicious role-modelling start you have done a great job to be so understanding of where your own are at! Well done, Tracey

Kairle Oaks said...

Last time I was called to do jury duty happened to be for a check forgery charge -- just three months after we had some checks stolen and forged. I guess the fact that my dad was a former detective in the city who specialized in handwritting analysis and my brother was a police officer made me somewhat prejudiced, too. You can bet I was thrown off that jury. But not until after I went into the judge's chambers to have a chat with him and the prosecuting attorney. Quite an interesting experience.