Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Less Than Six Months to Halloween!


I love Halloween and the fall. Of course, we have a long, hot summer to get through before it arrives. I was reading Carole's blog yesterday and she mentioned a witch pattern, which got me to thinking--well that, and maybe the fact that spring Quilt Market is in Salt Lake City this year and begins any day now.

You see, back LAST October, my friend Kairle organized a quilting retreat just south of Salt Lake City for some of us, and we had a wonderful time sewing, shopping, and gabbing. While there in Utah, one of the shops, Quilt, Etc., hosted our group for lunch in their classroom space, and on the wall was the cutest Halloween quilt I had seen. One of the things that greatly appealed to me was the fact that it was cute and funny without being a "kid's" quilt. I just had to get the pattern! The rest of the shopping I did on that retreat was geared primarily toward collecting FQs for the project. Here's what I put together for the fabrics and another photo of the pattern--sorry about the glare:




Since that trip, I found a great yellow with red polka dot fabric, and I may use that as the background and then readjust my thinking on which of these FQs to use in the rest of the quilt.

The pattern is by Mountain Valley Stitches and this gal is a Utah designer. I haven't seen the pattern anywhere else, although I did just find it this a.m. online at a shop in Utah that we actually visited. Pine Needles carries it and although I'm not sure you can order online, you can probably contact them and arrange to order it if it's something you're interested in.

Well, now that I have this out, I guess I'll need to get started on it soon. After all, Halloween is less than six months away!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, that's darling. I can see why you had to have it. Your collection of fabric to use is great, as well. Thanks for sharing!

Carole said...

Oh, that is a sweet pattern. I like your choice of fabrics! I can't wait to see your version of it! Thanks for sharing!

Kairle Oaks said...

Oh, I had almost forgotten that pattern, Kim. Get going! I can't wait to see it finished!!!