Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Quilty Sort of Day

Yesterday I went to San Francisco with two girlfriends to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday and see Menopause, The Musical--we had a wonderful time! Tomorrow, I go back to work after having a week off. I decided today would be a good day to get some miscellaneous quilting tasks done.

As it turned out, the day was devoted to Thimbleberries projects. First I finished up some 9-patch blocks for a swap with my online group. Those will go off in tomorrow's mail to the gal hostessing the swap.






















I moved on to cutting strips for another swap with the same online group. Those will also go off in tomorrow's mail. Then I can just sit back and wait for the goodies to come back to me in the mail in the next few weeks!
















My Thimbleberries Club meets on Wednesday, so I thought I'd make some pot holders--this month's extra project. I didn't want to make heart pot holders, which was the suggested project, so I pulled three Christmas-themed star blocks from an earlier swap with my online group. Won't they look cute in gift baskets for Christmas?


The last project I completed today was a block for the Thimbleberries Club block of the month quilt. I'm making the quilt half the size of the original pattern. I've modified this month's block slightly (besides shrinking it) by adding a colored center. This year's quilt is called Home and Garden; I think the pink and red center makes the block look a little bit like a flower.

Then I spent the rest of my time working on the appliqued center of the quilt I began in Jo Morton's class on Thursday--Emma's Quilt. No photos of that one yet, as I still have some way to go. Now that I have these done, I'll be switching out my Bernina for my Juki so I can get a St. Patrick's Day table topper quilted and onto the table before the holiday. Not tonight though--this quilter has to go back to the real world tomorrow, so the Sweat Shop is closed for the evening.

1 comment:

Kairle Oaks said...

Your pot holders tuned out great, Kim. What do you use between the layers so that you don't burn your hands?

Great selection of nine patch blocks and strips!