Thursday, March 8, 2007

Decisions, Decisions!

Ever have one of those days when you just can't decide? I have a quilt class today with Jo Morton, and for the life of me, I just can't seem to decide what fabrics I want to use for today's project. The "original" quilt uses primarily a yellow/cream for the background of the appliqued center and red and green in the pieced borders. Everything I've pulled from my stash screams CHRISTMAS!

Last night after the first class I came home and pulled fabrics. I wasn't quite satisfied, but I went to bed anyway. A half hour later, I got back up and pulled different fabrics. Still not satisfied, I went back to bed, dreaming about how it might look on a BLACK background, determined to check my stash of black fabrics in the morning. Nope, no suitable black. Is black such a good choice anyway? Hummm. Okay, how about if I go with yellow/cream, green, and blue? So I pulled more fabrics. Now my stack is looking like the makings of a quilt that will be much brighter than a repro quilt. Do I care? I'm not even sure anymore! Besides, I'm running out of time. At this point, hitching up the Sweat Shop to a U-Haul trailer is sounding better and better. But surely the quilt shop will have a few other fabrics, just in case. In case of WHAT? Will I spend all morning shopping instead of sewing?

Is it the fabrics or is it me? I can't even seem to decide what to wear today. Our temperatures have been hovering around the high 60s, low 70s during the day. Long sleeves? Short sleeves? Layers? Maybe I'll just go back into the Sweat Shop and wind and pin different fabrics on me, to be taken off and used as needed--at least I'd have a pretty good selection for this darn quilt!

No comments: