Sunday, September 29, 2013

There Are Plans, and There are Plans

Some work out and some don't--not exactly.  As I planned, I DID get some sewing done on Saturday, but what I did wasn't anything I planned to work on.  Isn't it funny how it sometimes goes that way?  I was just about to leave for the office when I remembered this was the last Saturday of the month, and a couple of my friends get together on the last Saturday of the month to sew--this takes place at the house of one of them, just about a mile from my office.  I thought how nice it would be to go by and visit with them for a little while after I finished work, so I grabbed the Bunny Hill Postcards for Cuties project and worked on that a bit while we visited.  I have more to do before I'll show it, but I continued to work on it after I got home.  As soon as I have the top row done, I'll post a photo.

Tonight, though, I thought I'd better get busy on my scrappy strips for the Pie in the Sky quilt, and while watching the season premiere of Saturday Night Live, I stitched together another 26 sashing strips.


Tomorrow I plan to quilt last month's Schnibbles quilt.  I wonder if that's what I'll end up doing?

How about you?  Did you work on a scrappy project this weekend?

4 comments:

Donna said...

Plans were made to be broken especially when one can have a lovely chat with friends.

Cathy said...

Lucky you; SNL would be perfect to sew by but not at the time it's on on the East Coast! I'm looking forward to seeing Pie In The Sky when finished.

dianne said...

does using leftover binding on yet another Fruitcake quilt count as scrappy?

prolly not, huh?!?

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your sashing strips look great... can't wait to see more!