Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Just One Blanket a Month . . .

Is that too much to ask?

Sometimes it's harder than at other times to keep up with a block of the month project, right?  I've been falling behind on my project that I kit up and give to my friends each month, the Buttermilk Basin sheep blankets.  I started out making sure mine was done at least a week or two before our monthly gatherings, then I started lagging, to the point where I was actually working on mine AT our gatherings.  This month, though, I finished the blanket at record tortoise speed--I got it done over a week AFTER our gathering!


I'm not setting a very good example for my friends!  And, of course, the way block of the month projects usually go, the time most of us really start to falter is once we get into the holiday season, beginning with Halloween.  Yikes!  Something to look forward to, eh?  I guess I need to step it up a bit!

6 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful little sheep blanket!
Congratulations on another wonderful finish!

Anonymous said...

I don't care how 'late' it is, it's still dang cute. (smile)

Xoxo Grandma said...

Love your little blanket. And I so understand, I started a smocked dress 2 weeks ago and thought I'd finish it on Saturday but NO, why would that ever happen? Hopefully, it'll be done by this Saturday!
http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I have had those sheep blankets on my to-do list for a while now. At least you have yours started...I don't even own a pattern, ha!

Beautiful Villa Rentals in Italy said...

Looking awesome, thanks for the sharing.

Durham Fridge Repair said...

Hii nice reading your blog