Monday, June 24, 2013

It's a Start . . .

I've finally begun quilting the Country Cottages quilt.  I needed to do a little mall shopping today, so I didn't get to devote the whole day to quilting, but at least I was able to get it started.  In case you didn't follow this BOM by Jennifer Bosworth at Shabby Fabrics, I should tell you that she designed each block to represent a specific month.  The blocks are set three across by four down, and I'm starting the quilting by going down the center blocks.  The first block I'll show you is February.


My idea is to quilt the background of each block a little differently and to try to interpret the month in the background quilting.  In February, the winds still swirl, so I quilted a swirly pattern in the sky with some grass along the bottom.

Next is May's block:


May has flowers quilted in the bottom part of the background and just a little bit of wind movement in the sky.

Finally, we have August.


August is hot and the sun shines down.  Here's a last photo of all three blocks.  Funny how the flash seems to have hit the sun!


The last block in this row is November.  I hope to get to that one tomorrow night and I'll show you if I do.

11 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Lovely! Great job quilting it.

Jana said...

Such a great quilt!

Shirley said...

What a brilliant idea! Your work is beautiful!!

Kim said...

What a good idea to represent the month with your quilting! Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Lookin' reeeeeal goooood!!!!!

shelley said...

Love your quilting. Thanks for sharing so many of your projects,
it keeps the creativity going.
Need to schedule some playtime
with my Juki and FMQ!

Betsy said...

It looks beautiful Kim

Tina said...

GREAT job!!! You are very talented!

Jean Burke said...

The colors in this quilt are just awesome - and the complimentary quilting adds so much to it....well done!!

Beverley said...

A very nice job you are making of that quilt. I am looking forward to seeing it all done.

Lisi Hoyos said...

very beautifullll !!!!!!!!