Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Third House

I finished the third house--


But I've been making slow progress.  It seems I've pinched a nerve in my shoulder or neck or strained something, because my upper arm and shoulder have been bothering me for the past couple days and so I haven't done very much sewing.  Still, here are the three houses so far--


I pieced these first three sometime ago, but I'll need to make the fourth one from scratch--and I'll probably work on it tomorrow.  In the meantime, I've been doing a little reading and puttering around the house a bit.  It's time to take down the Valentine's Day decorations and start thinking about Easter.  I haven't gotten very far on that yet, but I did a little house cleaning, and that's the first step!

I stopped at the grocery store the other night to get a couple things, and while I was there, I thought, "What do I like to eat that Hubby doesn't like?"  Because, of course, he's gone and I just have myself to please.  I ended up making a pot of hamhock and bean soup today--yum!  Of course, I'll probably get tired of it in a couple days, but having it on hand will make food preparation simple for now.

Time to take a hot bath and some Tylenol PM and hope my arm feels better tomorrow.  After all, I've got a lot of sewing to do!

2 comments:

Anna said...

must be lots of sewing going on!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

LOL--I LOVE hamhock and bean soup too and DH doesn't! And, the dreaded sewer's-overworked-shoulder syndrome. . . yes, I had that too several weeks ago after an all-day knitting marathon. Still going to therapeutic massage sessions. Just an FYI, be sure you don't have other symptoms (tired, feeling 'unusual') as shoulder and upper arm pain can stem from other more serious reasons. (Hey, someone's got to have your back while hubby's away!)