Wednesday, January 2, 2013

In Search Of . . .

I have three projects I was actively working on just before Christmas that I had to set aside in order to get other things done.  I hate doing that, especially when the projects are Christmas-related projects--but they're projects that were just for me and my home and not meant as gifts, so they weren't a priority at the time.  Still, it's a little hard to go back to working on them AFTER Christmas, knowing they won't really be seen and appreciated for another year.  But since my plan is to FINISH STUFF, I can't really put them aside until next Christmas, can I?

I actually hit a wall with one project near the beginning of December when I realized I needed another half yard of a particular fabric I'd used in the quilt, and I couldn't find it anywhere.  It's not an easy fabric to find.  Why?  Well, it's a green Thimbleberries fabric from the Village Green line a few years ago.  It was one of the fabrics for the BOM quilt.  What makes it difficult is that RJR/Thimbleberries offered the quilt in three slightly different colorways, so they often produced the same design in two or three different shades.  Here's a photo of the fabric I'm looking for; it's a dark green with mossy avocado green vines:


The fabric number is 0173-03.  There are two more similar fabric that go with the other two colorways.  The darker fabric is numbered 0173-2 and the lighter one is numbered 0173-1:



See what I mean?  Confusing, right?  Oftentimes, online shops will show a photo of the fabric but won't include the fabric number.  So far, I've ordered the fabric I need from two or three online shops only to have the shops email me to say they're out of it.  And I accidentially bought a yard of the darker fabric at one point.  So the search continues.  I just placed another order with an online shop that didn't show up when I searched before, so maybe it's not such a bad thing that I had to put these projects aside and wait.  I guess it will depend, though, on whether the fabric arrives in my mailbox or whether I get another email from a shop advising me they're out of it.

And did I just say yesterday that I was going to try to limit my fabric purchases in 2013?  Well, I'm sure we can all agree this one doesn't count, right?!


2 comments:

Karen said...

Do you belong to a guild? I needed a fabric that the maker is known for running once. I sent out an email to the members and happily connected with two people that had that exact fabric.
Last year I had three colds. At the end of Dec this year I got the flu shot to help my chances for this year.
Hope you and your hubby feel better.

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Have you searched quiltshops.com ?
One of our locals did those quilts and carry a lot of those prints...might try Cindys Quilt Shop in Caldwell Idaho