Saturday, January 12, 2013

Going Green

Or maybe I should title this post "Third Time's a Charm."  My friend Cynthia at Appalachian Quilts came through for me with the RIGHT green fabric--super quick delivery too.



That horizontal green strip in the center is what I was trying to match, and the two fabrics on the right were the WRONG pieces I'd ordered before I finally got the correct color--on the left.  I think what originally threw me off was way back a few months ago when I read an online shop's description that referred to the lighter "vines" as tan or beige in the right fabric; when I looked at my fabric, I could see they were a light, avocado green.  (Maybe THAT's where the avocado juggling dream came from?  Still can't figure the Kazoo though.)  So it took a long time for me to figure out it WAS the correct fabric after all.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, and thank you again Cynthia for coming to my rescue.  Now I just have to find some time to work on this quilt and get the top finished!  You'd think that with the weekend here, I'd have plenty of time, but I expect I'll be busy with several other things, including the one event I look forward to all month--the monthly gathering of my stitchery friends tomorrow.  I'd better get to bed and rest up because I know I'll need all my energy for those ladies--talking, eating, laughing and sewing really wears a person out.

2 comments:

Stephani in N. TX said...

Did you notice, looking at fabric at Appalachian Quilting, one of the first fabrics that come up is "kazzoo strings"? Maybe shopping around planted it in your subconscious?? Have fun with your friends today.

CathyK said...

Yay! I am glad it all worked out for you!