Sunday, April 22, 2012

Better!

I did dream! I had all sorts of dreams last night, but I have no idea what they were about. I woke up a few times, conscious of the fact I was dreaming, but although the dreams were pleasant, they didn't seem worth remembering. I did, though, wake up "dreaming" about this month's Schnibbles project. And as it turned out, the day was nicely productive, so I guess I just needed a good night's sleep to regain my enthusiasm.

When I stopped at the grocery store for a few things on Friday night, they had rotisserie chickens on sale for $5, so I brought one home. That chicken, along with the need to either use or toss a bunch of veggies languishing in my refrigerator, turned into a day of cooking, off and on. A package of cherry tomatoes that were beginning to look a little wrinkled turned into some homemade spaghetti sauce to be used on pasta later in the week.


With the chicken bones, I made stock, and that, added to leftover rice, cream, and a few other odds and ends became chicken and corn chowder. We have one container to eat this week and another in the freezer for another time.


The best thing, though, was chicken and cream cheese enchilladas, which used up the rest of the rotisserie chicken and a partial package of cream cheese as well as a few more veggies and aging tortillas. That was tonight's dinner.


And I still have another tray of enchilladas for another night. Yum! Now my refrigerator--well, I can't say it's empty since I've just made stuff for later this week, but it sure is nice to have it "cleaned out." The only thing I wanted to do but didn't get to was to turn some soft berries into a fruit sauce for ice cream. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. Tonight I didn't want to stop working on the Schnibbles quilt.

This is what I began with--remember?


I'm not done yet, but I have all the flying geese blocks made and some of the side bars sewn on, so I'm close.


I'm tempted to stay up later and keep working on it, but there may be more dreams waiting for me to close my eyes tonight, and I'd hate to keep them waiting too long. Tomorrow's another day.

5 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

WOW - Wonder Woman!! Way to go Kim!!

Tina said...

I just love the quilts you have made/are making. I'm "ooohing" and "aaahing" (are those real words??) over the pictures posted on the right side of your blog!

Jody said...

Oh my...Love your quilt in progress! The colors are GREAT! I need to make that quilt for my bed.
I also love to have a few meals ready to go for those times when I just can't stop to cook. When the kids were little I used to spend 2 days a month shopping, cooking, and freezing.
Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the good night of sleep did you a lot of good. Can't wait to see your finish quilt. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Anna said...

WOW, sounds like you just needed a little break and now you are back on your game which is a blessing for the rest of us! lol