Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Saturday Night Leftovers


The ladies who run our local Thimbleberries Club challenged us to make mini quilts this year--we can bring one a month for show and tell and each mini qualifies us for one entry in the end-of-the-year prize raffle. This will be my second mini for the year.


One of the prerequisites to qualify for a ticket is that the mini must have a label, which--at least to me--means coming up with a name for the quilt. Maybe I was stuck for a name because the quilt was made up of a hodgepodge of mixed blocks. Maybe it was the Chef Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares marathon I watched last weekend. In any event, "the dog's dinner" popped into my mind. THEN--and thank goodness because who wants a quilt called The Dog's Dinner?--that led me to think of leftovers. And since the leftover mini Midnight Sky blocks were what started the whole thing, and I worked on both the large and small blocks most of Saturday, it seemed like Saturday Night Leftovers worked for a title.


While I was writing this post, Stitch jumped up on the desk and started whacking the mini, trying to make sure it was dead, I suppose.


Maybe I need to make a new label: "Tuesday Night Kill"

17 comments:

Unknown said...

This is sooo cute. Love the name, Stitch knows a good one and would not kill it

Donna said...

Beautiful! Stitch is testing the durability of your work. He knows this one needs to pass the test of time!

Amy said...

Stitch must have known that it would help us spatially challenged folks realize just how tiny those pin wheels are!

Gwen said...

Stitch wants a quilt to cuddle with! Looks like this beauty is just his size! Love the name.

Josie McRazie said...

t turned out so beautiful! We has a cat that went NUTZ every time he saw a new paisley, to say the least when Mom got her new area rug the cat had hours of entertainment!!

Susan said...

What a beautiful way to use those scraps, Kim!

paulette said...

Your leftovers are WAY tastier than mine!! Very sweet! Stitch knows a good thing when he sees one!
P

Laura K said...

I love this little quilt! It is so cute. How funny we just adopted a kitten for my eight year old's birthday and she named him Stitch. Of course she was thinking of Lilo and Stitch, not sewing, but it worked for me! Thank you for sharing your adorable mini!

Sinta Renee said...

You are so funny!

Marla said...

I love your little mini quilt. Name is so cute! and so is your kitty!

Anonymous said...

It's Perfect, Kim!! I'm really in awe of that -- that kind of precision is NOT in my capabilities! But I love looking at it! Florence

Amy said...

Cute little mini-quilt.

Penny said...

What a wonderful little quilt and your kitty "Stitch" is beautiful! I love her little white mules! Thanx for sharing!

Judy in Michigan said...

Love this quilt and so very clever to finish up the scraps. How large are the blocks? I can figure this out if I know the dimensions. Thanks!!!

Judy in Michigan said...

Oops, I just went back and read where you gave the dimensions - 3.75" finished? 1" or 1/2" sashing? It's hard to tell from the picture. I just love it and the blue is so perfect for the other colors!!! Thanks again.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Clever title!

Jeanne said...

Love your little quilt! I really like "Tuesday Night Kill" as a title. Maybe you could add it as a sub-title! :-) Stitch is adorable.