Saturday, July 16, 2011

Did You Miss Me?

Okay, I'm joking with that title because I haven't missed a post despite having been to Reno and back.

We had a wonderful time; I'll have to upload my photos and see what turned out and then tell you about our little excursion, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. In the meantime . . . .

The quilt I just finished called Pinwheels and Roses--I think it's okay to tell you a little more about it now. It was a wedding gift for my boss who got married at the beginning of June. I was obviously a bit late getting it done! As I mentioned before, I made the quilt top and was unhappy with the way it turned out--it just didn't have any spark. After thinking for a bit, and having decided I had to make something completely different, I suddenly realized the borders were the problem, so I found different fabric and finished it.

I'm not posting another photo here because I'm on Hubby's laptop and don't have access to the photos, but there's one in my sidebar or you can scroll down a bit and find it in a recent blog post--I think it was Wednesday's.

Someone left a comment yesterday asking me about the pattern. It was originally a Moda Bakeshop pattern called Candy Bar Pinwheels that Sinta and Sherri chose for the Le Petite project in May. If you click on the name, it will take you to the pattern. I made the following changes in mine: I switched color placement. Where the pattern shows white fabric, I used reds, and where the pattern shows darker colors, I used creams. I made mine quite a bit larger: 25 blocks instead of 6. Finally, I used cream colored sashing--I think I cut the sashing at 2"--and red cornerstones. If any of you are thinking about making one similar, I hope this explanation helps.

Someone also asked if my boss liked the quilt. Well, I had it all wrapped and ready to give to her on Wednesday night when she was supposed to come back to the office after a meeting, but just as she got to our parking lot, she got a call about a family emergency and had to leave. So I left the gift for her on her desk, and I went off on vacation. I guess I'll find out on Monday, but I'm sure she liked it--who doesn't like quilts?!!

Now I have two more days left of vacation, and I've given myself permission to be lazy, so if I don't post, don't worry--I'm just playing and enjoying my holiday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It's Monday morning at 7:15am. Where did you go????

Anonymous said...

Agreed!! Now we ARE missing you! Hope you had a great time! Florence