Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We Seem to Be Experiencing Technical Difficulties . . .

You know those times when everything seems to be somewhat wrong? Not major bad news/catastrophic events but just where there's one little annoyance after another? I've got that. And for once, I'm not talking about Hubby.

A couple little disturbances WERE caused by a male though--that darn Stitch! I got in the car to go to work this morning, only to find that while he was in my car Saturday night, Stitch took liberties with the rear view mirror, the high beams, and the air vents. If there's anything else he messed around with, I haven't found it yet, but it won't surprise me.

Tonight while I was watching TV, the dish receiver froze up for a bit. Not that I really mind seeing Jay Leno paralyzed with his mouth open, but it wouldn't even let me change the channel. And on top of that, a little while later, all the color faded from all the channels, and I was watching black and white TV for about five minutes before the color came back. Annoying.

And Yahoo wouldn't let me open some of my email messages. Sometimes I think Yahoo just likes to mess with us. I suspect the same thing of Windows. Have you ever noticed Windows will give us an update and then nothing works quite right for a couple days until they push out another one?

Earlier today, I sent Hubby off to Kinkos to make copies of some of my quilt patterns for my class on Saturday and somehow--through my lack of attention to detail and just not thinking things through--copy costs were crazy high. And yesterday? I sent digital photos off for one-hour developing, only to learn when Hubby went to pick them up that the photo printer was broken.

I don't know. Maybe I just got up this morning on the wrong side of the bed. But getting up on the other side would have meant climbing across Hubby, and he was already annoyed enough this a.m. when the Wild Child and I were talking and inadvertently woke him from his beauty sleep. Not that we were talking very much or very loudly, but the Wild Child was kind of grossed out when she got out of the shower and stepped on a little bit of invisible cat poo-poo that migrated outside the litter box. I really can't blame her for being a bit upset. In fact, now that I think about it, I guess I don't have it that bad after all.

2 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Hope things start looking up for you soon.

Sinta Renee said...

Let's hope that order will soon be restored and that the cat will properly attend to her business!