Monday, April 5, 2010

Hope it Was Happy!


Soccer Son and His Lovely Wife to be Someday decorated Easter eggs on Saturday night and brought us one from each of them when they came for brunch on Easter. Looks like one of them isn't very well adjusted, doesn't it? All I can say is that he takes after his father.

Okay, I'm sure you want to know who won the Virtual Student Contest, right? The winner is Sharon Mac! Woo-hoo, Sharon! Sharon was the 15th commenter who asked to be entered in the contest, and since I had 14 "real" students, I thought it would be appropriate for the 15th person to enter the contest to become my 15th student. Makes sense, huh? (At least it makes more sense than a bunny with a skull face!)

My hands/wrists/arms/imaginary armpit cancer is really acting up--I don't know WHAT I've done to aggravate them, but I have my braces back on and I'll keep this post short. It sounds like a lot of you want to know about dyeing wool using Kool-Aid in a crockpot, so I'll post that information in the next post, okay?

Sharon Mac, email me your mailing address and tell me which of the three kits you prefer (bunny, bird with hearts, or crow with sunflowers)--I have some of each left over so I'll let you pick one. And for the rest of you who expressed an interest in the kits, I'll probably figure out what I have left and list some in my Etsy shop in the next few days--I'll let you know in a post when I've listed them. Thanks to all of you who entered the contest!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute eggs! Hope that you are feeling better soon!

Shelley said...

Isn't it time to update the Nude Self-Portrait? LOL Hope your pain settles down soon.

Nancy said...

Congrats on winning the Quilting Gallery contest for your Easter quilt.... Have fun with your winnings...

Love the eggs. I didn't dye eggs this year and I missed that..

Jan said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner! I'm so sorry that the "limbs" are causing you so much discomfort; but please forgive me, I continue to LOL 'bout that "arm pit cancer!" That was one hysterical post ... here's hoping today is a better day in your world :) Oh and I'd love to know how to "felt wool," as well as how you can tell whether it has already been felted yet.

Jocelyn said...

Woo-hoo congratulations Kim on winning the Virtual Quilting contest! I voted for your quilt, as I thought it was the cutest ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Love your blog and look forward to it daily. As long as you are able to get to it. Take care of those arms and wrists. I am a medical transcriptionist so I know the fear.

Love your quilts and inspiration. Keep it up.

Dena said...

Congratulations to the winner! Love the eggs. Hope you're feeling better.

quiltmom anna said...

Congratulations to your lucky winner- I am sure the ladies had a great time with their wooly experience.
Hope that your hands/ arms are doing better- rest and relax-
Wishing you a happy Spring.
Regards,
Anna