Monday, March 1, 2010

Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along

I recently joined this group (button in my sidebar)--it looked like fun! I haven't "collected" very many jelly rolls, so I wasn't sure what I was going to use, but I soon realized I had this in my stash:


I had to "borrow" the background fabric from what I'd set aside for the Hocuspocusville embroidery project, but I've ordered more to replace it. Since the quilt along will end in August, I thought this was a perfect chance to make a Halloween quilt--I should have just enough time to quilt the finished quilt before it's time to decorate for Halloween! Here's my first block:


Each block for this project is being designed by a different designer and a new block is posted twice a month. If you're interested, check it out! We'll be posting photos of our blocks on Flickr and there will be prizes--and who doesn't like prizes? Just in case you don't have any jelly rolls, I think it's okay if you want to use your scraps. Maybe I'll see you over in the Flickr pool!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Love your block. I guess I didn't know the patterns were posted, I better go get my block pattern. What a great idea to make a Halloween quilt.

Rhonda said...

Love the block Kim.....and boy, are you quick to be able to get your project quilted before Halloween.....LOL

Anonymous said...

Kim -- your block is beautiful and it's great that we did not have to wait very long for you to give us inspiration! Continue to heal!!
Florence

Betsy said...

Kim your block looks great. I have never heard of a pooktacular jelly roll. It looks cute.

Laura said...

What fun! and I LOVE Halloween fabrics!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your block! I need to get busy with mine today~ :-) Have a happy day!

Thelma said...

I've seen this block on a couple other blogs participating in this challenge, but I LOVE the idea of a Halloween theme. Your first block is wonderful!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO! I love it! LOVE the orange! See now, you're making me want to join in and I don't have the time!