Saturday, October 31, 2009

Material Junkie . . .

come on down! You are the WINNER of a deluxe model Crabapple Hill Twelve Days of Christmas Tea Towel pattern! You may claim your prize by emailing me your snail mail address, and I'll get it in the mail to you next week.

So I'm home! Did you miss me? Even a little? Even knowing that wasn't really ME posting the last few days LIVE? Okay, you're right--I was a-LIVE and I was still posting but just not simultaneously. (Is that right? Maybe not, but something like that!)

We arrived home around dinner time tonight and got mostly unpacked in time to watch Friday night television--and that's about all I did. Isn't it funny how tired a person can get sitting in a car all day? For those of you who left comments hoping my back felt better, thanks! It must have helped, because I went from being in tears Sunday night, thinking there was no way we could leave on vacation, to feeling well enough to pack up and head out on Monday. During our vacation, my back was sore and achy--and you should see me get out of the car and try to hobble around and straighten up after I've been sitting for a bit--you'd laugh SOOOOO hard! But the soreness is nothing like it was, thank goodness! And I kind of think that sleeping in my own bed and being able to move around a bit more might do me a WORLD of good.

I have some vacation photos to show and stories to tell--we really had some ups and downs!--but I'll probably spread those out over the next couple days, so stay tuned.

Are you ready for Halloween? The Wild Child arrived this evening to celebrate the holiday here in Sacramento--she arrived in time to draw Material Junkie's name for the pattern giveaway. My house desperately needs cleaning, and I'll work on that tomorrow while Hubby and the Wild Child take a couple knives, scooper spoons, and pumpkins out to the patio to do a little Jack-O-Lantern carving. We brought back some smoked salmon from the coast; once we've gotten our chores done, I'm planning a little lunch for the three of us--the Wild Child LOVES smoked salmon, so that will be her treat.

She's been invited to a bar/party in the evening and will spend Saturday night at Soccer Son's house. Hubby and I will be on our own, but we're ready for the little trick or treaters who come to the door--I'm tickled that Halloween's on a Saturday this year! I hope you have a wonderful day and a fabulous Halloween night, whatever your plans are.

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Glad your back's recovering. I love the photo - some people are so imaginative.

PiecefulChaos said...

Glad your back is better and you had a good vacation! Don't overdo it cleaning and aggravate it again!

Heckety said...

Glad you got away for a break, I think holidays from real life are good. Glad your 'wild child' is to spend the weekend with you, makes it more fun! And smoked salmon is THE BEST!