Thursday, October 29, 2009

Frosting the Pumpkin

Awhile ago, I mentioned a couple "pumpkin crafts," but then I didn't end up doing anything--until now. Now that Halloween's almost here and I'm thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, I want to "gussy up" a couple pumpkins--because in my mind, Thanksgiving's a little more elegant than Halloween.

If you, TOO, want to pimp your pumpkins, here's what you'll need:


A pumpkin or two, a paint brush, a bottle of clear drying gesso, and some opalescent glitter--or whatever kind of glitter you like. Just brush the gesso onto the pumpkin in a thin layer, sprinkle with glitter, and let dry. Voila! A pumpkin that's all dressed up and ready to party!


And although I didn't do one here, you can also get metallic rub on paints and just rub some highlights onto your pumpkin--how festive would THOSE look as a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table?

4 comments:

Betsy said...

The white pumpkin looks so cool. Where do you find those at?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Excellent centerpiece!

dianne said...

now THAT is a pimped pumpkin, dawg!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Now I know what to do with a bunch of small oval type Pumpkins (white with green splotches) that just grew in one part of the garden this summer. Cute!