Monday, June 22, 2009

A Lovely Father's Day

Another lovely weekend has come to an end. Our weather has been fabulous with very little need for air conditioning, although I'll admit I've turned it on for a couple hours each day, during the hottest hours, especially on Saturday when I was doing some house cleaning. Mornings and evenings, though, are nice and cool.

For Father's Day, Soccer Son came over and cooked dinner--yeah, I know it's not Mother's Day, but I got a pretty sweet deal out of it anyway! For an appetizer, he seared some Ahi tuna and I made a spicy hot and slightly sweet soy dipping sauce. Yum!


For the main course, Soccer Son served barbecued chicken, corn on the cobb, and small red potatoes--all out on the patio. And, of course, we had cherry pie for dessert--my contribution to the meal!

Here's a photo of Soccer Son and his girlfriend, Ms. S. ("Ms. S" will have to do until I think up a better name for her! Soccer Son actually has blue eyes, but when I "fixed" the red eye in the photo, his eyes ended up brown.)


I haven't talked much about quilting lately, but I have been doing a bit--miscellaneous things, for the most part, and a little bit of embroidery work. I finally DID feel like making those hourglass blocks that weren't exciting me too much the other night, and I thought I'd show you a photo of the quilt in progress--this is a BOM-type, mystery-type quilt from Barbara Brackman's Clues in the Calico program.


Each month, we get instructions for another border to add on as this is supposed to be a medallion style quilt. The next border is a dog tooth border using applique to make the "teeth." I think I'll use a light blue again for the background of that border and use the red stripe (from the wide inner border) as the teeth.

I hope that you, too, had a lovely day, however you chose to spend it! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good looking son there, He has your eyes. She,s not so bad either. Very good son to come cook for Dad and you.

ranette said...

Soccer Son and Ms. S. are just as cute as can be!!!

I've never heard of the Clues in the Calico program before, but I like the quilt.