Sunday, August 17, 2008

And In Quilting News . . .


I promised I'd try to get a few more photos of the quilting on the Thimbleberries Lakeside quilt. Hopefully these will show a little better:



On Friday, I appliqued the first border block of the Halloween witch quilt--one of the shoe blocks--


Much of today was spent cutting strips and squares for the Schnibbles X-Rated quilt.


I started sewing it together, but it's kind of boring and tedious work, so I put it aside this evening and appliqued a second block for the Halloween border--


These applique pieces are simple and go pretty quickly. I just might have this one done in time for Halloween after all!

In between sewing, I managed to clean house--not one of my favorite weekend activities! And, of course, then there were the Olympics to watch. At least I can stay up late watching and not worry about getting up early for work, although the Wild Child and her boyfriend are coming down on Sunday, so I guess I ought to get a little sleep. Happy quilting!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Your quilting looks great...X-Rated is going to be wonderful and your Halloween quilt awesome. You got tons done and the house cleaned too...Wonder Woman! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow! If you continue to go THIS fast you'll have them all finished in no time! Do you applique by hand or is it done with some kind of interfacing?

Teresa said...

I think you need to add at least two more projects to your worktable....just so you don't get bored again. You are amazing at the amount of sewing you accomplish. I am beginning to think you must be Martha Stewart in disguise, with lots of work-a-bees in the background putting things together for you. LOL...great job on all that you show. I do love that X-rated quilt and your quilting looks beautiful.

Unknown said...

Someone just likes to show us all up. LOL

Go for it Kim

Yvonne said...

I love them all....did you need my address???????

Rhonda said...

Your quilting is great. When do you have time to do all this stuff? Spread it around.....LOL

QuiltNut Creations said...

you have been busy! i love your Xrated quilt! great job on all your projects

Anonymous said...

I needed a little happy...so checked out your blog again. I'm glad you are working on that adorable Halloween number! I plan to keep checking the status of it as I need a good chuckle.