Monday, March 19, 2007

Vintage Illustrations



Vintage is cool! I love vintage stuff! Mostly, I like a lot of the "stuff" from the 20s, 30s, and 40s--or earlier. In particular, I'm a sucker for illustrations in old children's books. I went through a "phase" several months back when I purchased several older books on eBay. The photo above is the cover of one of the books, Peter Rabbit, a New Story, copyright 1932. I'm not sure what I'll do with my books, but I thought some of the illustrations would look awfully cute framed, or maybe I could use some of them for applique patterns or at least ideas. Who knows? In the meantime, since spring is in the air and Easter will be here before we know it, I thought I'd get some of the books out and use them to decorate, perhaps paired with other spring goodies. I remembered, too, that I had purchased a small watercolor from an eBay self-representing artist of two bunnies holding hands, walking down a path, backs to the viewer. I need to find a nice frame and mat for that one--it would look great propped up in my kitchen hutch with my vintage tea pots. I can hardly wait for the weekend, when I'll have time to play with my "toys"!

1 comment:

Kairle Oaks said...

I love the vintage look, too, Kim. I actually have some of my mother's old toys from the 30's. How cool is that?
Kairle