Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cleaning and Crafting


I spent an inordinate amount of time today cleaning up and organizing my sewing room. What a great feeling to have everything put away, nice and neat and uncluttered! Once I got that done, I went and messed it all up again making Easter/spring/Martha Stewart things!

Remember those pipe cleaners I was dyeing last night? I used them to make those little chicks above, a la Martha. I don't think mine are quite as cute and fluffy as hers, but they have a certain appeal. These babies are tiny! In fact, I'm not quite sure what I'll do with them. My two cats, on the other hand, know EXACTLY what they want to do with them. I'm not sure they realize they're made out of pipe cleaners. I caught the young cat trying to carry one off, and the old cat was eyeing them pretty closely too.

Once I finished a suitable sampling of chicks, I moved on to the bunnies. Kind of cute, but again pretty small.



Kind of goofy too. Why do their whiskers look more like arms? Probably because I'm not Martha! Martha also made some cute little carrots to go with the bunnies, but she used Fimo clay to form the carrots and then wrapped them like the eggs (below). I don't have Fimo clay, so I'm trying to think of something else I can use. Any suggestions?

Finally, I tried wrapping an egg. Not too bad. In the magazine, Martha has eggs on candlesticks, which seems a decent way to get a photo since they just roll around on the table otherwise. My plan, though, is to make several more and put them all in a basket or bowl for display. (That's one of the pair of candlesticks I bought at the Department 56 store in S.F.--I need to get some candles for those.)


Time to go clean up that sewing room again. Sheesh!

Later Note: A friend said my bunnies look like space aliens! OMG, they do! LOL!

No comments: