Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2014 Begins to Take Shape . . .

Thank you all for the information about blog/BOM projects for 2014.  Raewyn provided links to two sites that list links for a lot of different projects of this type.  If you're looking for a project or two, click HERE and/or take a look at all of the comments left on yesterday's post.

I'm sorry to say that I started to feel ill last night and came down with a stomach bug that caused me to stay in bed much of the day today.  Once I got up, though, I did a little blog hopping while drinking some hot, soothing tea, and I found two projects that I'm going to take on this year, thanks to your suggestions.



The first project that really "spoke to me" is Quilt Doodle Designs mystery BOM.  Maybe it's because I love snowmen?  Or maybe it's just because it looks "fun."  In any event, I really like the look of the first row of this quilt (photo above), so I've put the button in my sidebar, and I'm willing to take a chance that the rest of the blocks or rows for the year will be equally cute.  If you want to check out the details, just click that button.

The other quilt project is Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM.  She's doing two quilts in different colorways.  Here's a photo of the first block in the red colorway (she's also doing blue):


I don't know what fabrics I'll pick for mine yet, but this seems like it could be a fairly simple and doable project for the year.

So I have these two new projects to work on in 2014, as well as something else I'll tell you about tomorrow.  2014 will also see me finishing up a couple of applique projects I started last year, quilting some tops that have been otherwise done for some time now, and selecting a new Scrap Basket Sunday project soon.  Oh, and I've also been thinking about starting the Country Charmer quilt and perhaps making it as an accelerated BOM-type project--two blocks a month maybe?  Three?  I haven't really given that one very much thought yet.  Is all this too much to take on, I wonder?  And I haven't even mentioned a monthly small wool stitchery I'm doing (it will take the place of the sheep blankets I worked on last year) or the BOM Bertie's year--the first month's kit arrived last week.  Ah, well, we'll see how it goes.  So many quilts, so little time!

1 comment:

Anna said...

take care of yourself, your projects need you!