I've had what appears to be an awfully productive day today, although I'll confess--if you didn't already know--that each of these projects was nearing completion anyway. I'm just happy to have them done in my effort to "clear the decks" for wool month!
First, I've finished this embroidery:
I debated with myself whether it actually WAS finished because I want to make it into a quilted wallhanging or a pillow; in the end, though, I figured the EMBROIDERY was finished so that counts. In any event, I need to set it aside for now, although I hope to get back to it again before Christmas. Gran and my fellow embroidery students will be astonished when I bring it to show and tell in August because I really NEVER finish an embroidery project--probably because I rarely START one either!
I finished up the apron today too--
At the end of last night's class, I still had to sew on the pocket and make the flower; then I decided to replace all the buttons with red ones. Gosh, I wish I was as thin as that apron looks hanging on the door! Maybe it's the vertical stripes.
Finally, this is a project I've been carrying around with me for a very long time--a wool case for my reading glasses. Ever since I lost the first one I'd made about a year ago, I've worked on this on off and on. Here's the front--
And the back--
It really didn't take that many hours to make; it's just that I never devoted any real time and attention to it. At least it's done now and ready to use.
I have several more projects I'd like to finish tomorrow--I'll let you know how I do on those. The weekend's here--I wish you a wonderful one!